Random facts about me.
- I’ve been tracing my Irish and Scottish roots for five years. I’ve traveled to Ireland three times to meet me rellies.
- My pseudonym Eliza Daly is a combination of my first name and one of my Irish ancestor’s surnames.
- My husband and I recently purchased a cottage in Ireland.
- I love traipsing through cemeteries, even if I don’t know anyone buried there.
- I once met Johnny Depp and he hugged me. Yes, “he” hugged “me.”
- If I could be any actress, I’d be Audrey Hepburn. She is the epitome of style and grace. I’ve seen Breakfast at Tiffany’s a dozen times.
- My favorite movies are Overboard and My Cousin Vinny. My favorite lines from the movies: “Oh yeah, you blend.” “Eat your checkers.”
- I’ve traveled to forty-five states and over forty countries.
- Paris is my favorite city. I studied at the Sorbonne University in Paris my junior year of college. I speak French, but not very well.
- If I could change my college degree, it would be in art history, and I would work as a curator at the Musée d’Orsay in Paris.
- While writing, I listen to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Parisian tunes, or the Swing station.
- My black tuxedo cat Frankie is named after Frank Sinatra.
- My cat Quigley is named after the movie Quigley Down Under, starring Tom Selleck. Magnum P.I. is my all-time favorite TV show.
- My current favorite TV shows are Psych, Suits, Pretty Little Liars, Glee, and The Secret Circle. (I also write young adult books.)
- My office walls are painted fuchsia, and my desk chair is purple.
- The most interesting book titles on my shelves are Test Your Cat’s Psychic Powers and The Definitive Guide to Underground Humor: Quaint Quotes About Death, Funny Funeral Home Stories, and Hilarious Headstone Epitaphs.
- I’ve read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich like a dozen times.
- I’m a huge Packers fan and attend a game every season with my dad. I don’t wear a cheese head to games, but cheese curds are a must.
- My favorite quote, “Never eat more than you can lift.” --Miss Piggy